Our exhibit hall is the original home of The Clewiston News and was constructed in 1928, one of the earliest structures in Clewiston. It contains a flowing description of the history of Clewiston through a mixture of artifacts, photographs and stories. Come and see out lastest addition, an impressive fossil collection displaying artifacts found in Hendry County by former Clewiston resident and Paleonthologist Mark Renz. Our exhibit was made possible by Mark's generosity and assistance from the Florida Museum of Natural History. Below are a few of our displays and items of interest. Our Museum Theater seats 60 and we feature The History of Clewiston video produced by WGCU-TV (Public Television). We also have available videos on growing and processing both sugarcane and citrus.
Skull and tusks from a mastodon remains that were discovered in Hendry County by Paleontologist Mark Renz. Click on the photo to visit his website.
Teeth from a giant Saber Tooth Tiger.
Number 5 British Flying Training School Exhibit
Traditional Seminole Skirt and Blouse
Window Treatments and Display Cases on Early History